Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Big 3-0: Five Hundred Days.

Focus.  Not a day of blog writing has gone by where I wrote with any sort of focus on a consistent topic.  Turning thirty and living in your thirties is something that almost everyone will do or has already done.  I have a feeling many people have advice to give or are seeking advice on the topic.

You are probably thinking, “Glen, you are not thirty yet!”.  You are correct.  But part of what I will be writing about is the approach to “The Big 3-0”.  This is not going to be a semi-depressed lamentation over my lost youth.  Nor will this be some twisted rationalization as to how “30 is the new 20” thus allowing me to go get drunk and relive my college days.  That would be pathetic.  I’m going to be thirty.  I plan on acting like it!  (What ever that is.)

The reason I chose this date for establishing “Building Your Thirties” is today marks 500 days until I turn thirty.  (Put that on your calendar.  There probably will be a party.)  That gives me a little over a year to think and write about the age 30 milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment